NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwired) -- 02/23/15 -- JetBlue Airways, New York's Hometown Airline™, today announced several promotions and key appointments to its leadership team, effective immediately.
- Mike Elliott has been promoted to the position of Executive Vice President - People, highlighting and elevating the importance of JetBlue's culture to its success. Elliott served as JetBlue's Senior Vice President - People since May 2014 and as Vice President - Crew Relations from 2010-2014. Prior to JetBlue, Elliott spent 20 years at Airborne Express and then DHL culminating in the role of Vice President - Human Resources. He will report to JetBlue President & CEO Robin Hayes.
- Jeff Martin has been promoted to the position of Executive Vice President - Operations now responsible for Safety, Security, and Training in addition to his existing responsibilities for Flight Operations, System Operations, and Technical / Maintenance Operations. He joined JetBlue in 2012 as Senior Vice President - Operations following a 22-year career at Southwest Airlines. Martin also holds a seat on the NextGen Advisory Committee and the MITRE Aviation Advisory Committee. He will continue to report to Hayes.
- Marty St. George has been promoted to the position of Executive Vice President - Commercial & Planning, responsible for airline & network planning, marketing, sales and revenue. St. George has served as JetBlue's Senior Vice President - Commercial since May 2014. He joined JetBlue in July 2006 and has held several roles including Senior Vice President - Marketing and Commercial Strategy and Vice President - Planning. Prior to JetBlue, St. George held marketing and network planning roles at United Airlines and US Airways. He will continue to report to Hayes.
- Eileen McCarthy has been promoted to the role of Vice President - Associate General Counsel - Corporate Governance, expanding her legal and compliance portfolio to include information security. She joined JetBlue in 2006 as Director - Corporate Counsel responsible for corporate governance and securities law. Before JetBlue, McCarthy was a partner in the New York office of a national law firm. She will continue to report to James Hnat, Executive Vice President - General Counsel.
- Jamie Perry has been promoted to the role of Vice President - Brand & Product Development. Perry has served as Director - Product Development since February 2012. He joined JetBlue in 2010 as Director - Commercial Business Solution Delivery, part of the airline's IT leadership team. Prior to JetBlue, Perry served as head of distribution and e-commerce at Jetstar Airways in Australia. He will continue to report to St. George.
"Today's announcements reflect an ongoing refinement of how we organize our teams at JetBlue to ensure we have the best talent and the right structure in place to achieve our goals for crewmembers, customers and shareholders," said JetBlue President & CEO Robin Hayes.
About JetBlue Airways
JetBlue is New York's Hometown Airline™, and a leading carrier in Boston, Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood, Los Angeles (Long Beach), Orlando, and San Juan. JetBlue carries more than 32 million customers a year to 87 cities in the U.S., Caribbean, and Latin America with an average of 825 daily flights. Upcoming destinations include Cleveland on April 30; Reno-Tahoe, Nev. on May 28; and Grenada on June 11. For more information please visit jetblue.com.
CONTACTSJetBlue Media Relations Tel: +1 firstname.lastname@example.org://mediaroom.jetblue.comJetBlue Investor RelationsTel: +1 email@example.com://investor.jetblue.com