NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwired) -- 10/01/15 -- JetBlue Airways (NASDAQ: JBLU), New York's Hometown Airline, today announced its seventh annual Swing for Good Golf Classic and Bid for Good online charitable auction, the airline's marquee fundraising campaign of the year.
Over the past seven years, the Swing for Good and Bid for Good campaign has raised more than $2.1 million for a variety of charitable partners. This year's recipients include three youth-focused non-profit organizations:
- Together We Rise -- JetBlue welcomes this new recipient, a non-profit organization led by young adults formerly in foster care focused on transforming the way youth navigate America's foster care system.
- DoSomething.org -- This non-profit returns for the third time as a beneficiary. DoSomething.org empowers young people to take action in their community around a variety of causes.
- The JetBlue Foundation -- The JetBlue Foundation returns for a second year as a recipient. This JetBlue-sponsored private foundation encourages and advances aviation-related education. Placing aviation top-of-mind as a career choice for students, the JetBlue Foundation's mission is to ignite interest in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) programs.
JetBlue's annual charitable fundraising initiative includes the Swing for Good Golf Classic as well as the Bid for Good online auction, powered by Charity Buzz. This year's golf classic will be held on Wednesday, October 14 at Bethpage State Golf Course in Bethpage, N.Y. The Bid for Good online auction takes place online from October 1-19.
Bid for Good features one-of-a-kind opportunities and experiences such as:
- A once-in-a-lifetime internship with DoSomething.com
- Tickets to Bonnaroo Music Festival
- A trip to the Boston Red Sox training camp
- A JetBlue flight simulator experience
- Access to VIP events and other exclusive experiences.
"In partnership with our dedicated and passionate crewmembers, customers and business partners, we unite to make a meaningful difference in our mission of inspiring humanity," said Robin Hayes, JetBlue's president and chief executive officer. "Supporting causes focused on youth, education and community are integral to who we are. We are proud that our Swing for Good campaign generates essential funds for our non-profit partners to continue their work."
Swing for Good is an annual fundraiser which includes JetBlue executives, crewmembers and business partners joining together to make a difference. The campaign raises funds for charitable organizations focused on youth, education and community -- the core pillars of JetBlue's corporate social responsibility platform.
About Together We Rise
Together We Rise is a non-profit organization comprised of motivated young adults and former foster youth. Our vision is to improve the lives of foster children in America, who often find themselves forgotten and neglected by the public.
DoSomething.org makes the world suck less. One of the largest global orgs for young people and social change, our 4 million members in 130 countries tackle volunteer campaigns that impact every cause. Poverty. Discrimination. The environment. And everything else they care about. Our promise: Any cause, anytime, anywhere. *mic drop*
About The JetBlue Foundation
Founded in 2013, the JetBlue Foundation is committed to supporting aviation-related education in general and Science Technology Engineering Mathematics (STEM) in particular. The Foundation empowers and provides opportunities to underserved students and communities through local and national education institutions and aviation-related programs. For more information, please visit www.jetblue.com/inspiringhumanity.
JetBlue is New York's Hometown Airline™, and a leading carrier in Boston, Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood, Los Angeles (Long Beach), Orlando, and San Juan. JetBlue carries more than 32 million customers a year to 90 cities in the U.S., Caribbean, and Latin America with an average of 875 daily flights. For more information please visit JetBlue.com.
MEDIA CONTACTSJetBlue Corporate Communications Tel: +1 718 709 email@example.comReservations +1 800 JETBLUE (538 2583) TTY/TDD: +1 800 336-5530www.jetblue.com